World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2018 by IMD
The World Digital Competitiveness Ranking is annually published by the IMD World Competitiveness Centre and was first published in 2017. The report measures the country’s ability to adopt and explore different digital technologies leading to transformation in government, business and society’s decisions.
This year the report measures 63 countries using 50 indicators (split 2/3 hard data and 1/3 soft data) across 9 sub-factors, grouped into 3 main factors:
- Future Readiness
Top 5 Countries
1. United States
UAE in focus (2019)
- The UAE ranked 17th globally, with a score of 86.16 compared to leading countries score (100).
- The UAE is the only Arab country among the top 20 digitally competitive countries.
- The UAE ranking in the 3 main factors each with 3 sub-factors:
- Knowledge ranked 36th (+2)
- Technology ranked 7th (+7)
- Future Readiness 12th (-5)
UAE’s performance in the 9 sub-factors